Perrrrrrrrfect for a weekend breakfast treat….or a midweek treat….or afternoon tea…..or dessert….I’ve even made them for lunch. These little beauties are as easy as they are delicious. For a little plate of yumminess, give these a whirl.
What you will need (for 1 serve):
- A skillet or small frying pan
- 1 banana
- 1 egg (free range, organic where possible)
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- Two shakes of ground cinnamon (about 1/2 a teaspoon)
- One or two shakes of ground ginger (1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon)
- A tiny splash of vanilla extract
- A tiny sprinkle of baking powder – about 1/8 a teaspoon. If you don’t have any baking powder you could use a dash of bicarb + a dash of apple cider vinegar instead.
- A few teaspoons of coconut oil/butter/your preferred oil for the skillet.
- Add a dash of nutmeg for some extra spice.
- Add some shredded coconut or some crushed nuts for texture.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl.
- Stir in the cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, vanilla extract, and coconut flour. Use a light hand with the coconut flour because it absorbs more liquid over time and the mixture will thicken slightly over a few minutes.
- Whisk in the eggs.
- Heat your skillet and add a bit of coconut oil/butter/your preferred oil.
- Pour in the mixture and cook as you would any other pancake.
Serve with a BIG spoonful of kefir yoghurt/cream; then top with honey, sliced bananas, and a sprinkle of crushed nuts (pecans / walnuts / macadamias / pistachios or whatever else you have in the cupboard).
Serve with a spoonful of natural peanut butter and top with honey / sliced bananas / crushed nuts. (Peanuts aren’t technically allowed on strict Paleo…lucky I’m not strict Paleo.)
Or top with your favourite dairy yoghurt – I really like Natural Greek Yoghurt with these pancakes. If you don’t like yoghurt and you’re in a ‘naughty food’ mood then I suppose you could whip out the ice-cream, but I’m not going to officially condone that in my blog…apparently.
Don’t forget to lick the plate 😉